Wednesday, November 19, 2008

passion fruit


so me and James were at my favorite Hawaiian food place in Chicago on Saturday. And we were drinking passion lilikoi juice. And he said that in the UK the passion fruit are black. I grew up in Hawaii and the passion fruit I have eaten have been yellow. So i did my research. And here is what I have come up with.

Wikipedia told me : The two types of passion fruit have greatly different exterior appearances. The bright yellow variety of passion fruit, which is also known as the Golden Passion fruit, can grow up to the size of a grapefruit, has a smooth, glossy, light and airy rind, and has been used as a rootstock for the purple passion fruit in Australia.[1] The dark purple passion fruit (for example, in Kenya) is smaller than a lemon, with a dry, wrinkled rind at maturity.

and here are the photos.




2 comments:

albion said...

your passion fruit is large and smooth. mine are small and wrinkley..... hmmmm

swan said...

i have never eaten these... looks gooey and sweet!